Nowadays, more and more families buy the food they need for a week at a time. Even the nearby supermarket is very convenient, but the busy life and works make people lazy. Even if there is a refrigerator, keeping all kinds of food fresh is not simple. One of the best ways to keep fresh in the refrigerator is to use freezer bags or zipper storage bags, and people usually bring hamburgers, sandwiches for lunch directly in zipper storage bags. The most well-known storage bag brand is Ziploc.
Ziploc is a brand of reusable, resealable zipper storage bags and containers, originally developed and tested by The Dow Chemical Company in 1968 and produced by S. C. Johnson & Son. Ziploc bags and containers come in different sizes and can be used for different products. The brand offers sandwich bags, snack bags, and other freezer bags for various purposes.
Choosing the right size Ziplock bags is easy. First, determine the size of your content. Usable space inside a Ziploc bag is measured side to side for the width. The length of the bag is measured from the zipper track to the bottom of the bag. You will find their sizes on each package. The following article lists the common Ziploc Bag sizes that you will need to know.
Ziploc Bag Size Guide
The best thing for Ziploc is its double-layer zipper bag, which is affordable, but it is a good assistant in daily life. People can use different bags to distinguish fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, etc., and use larger-size Ziploc bags to store daily necessities. Their triple system seal features an extended tab, easy-grip texture, and a double zipper. Before buying a Ziploc bag, you have to determine the size you need. Too big a bag wastes space, and a too-small bag cannot meet your needs. A basic rule here is to buy different size Ziploc bags at once.
Ziploc Bag Types
Ziploc bags are mainly divided into five categories:
- Freezer: This is a bag that can be placed directly in the freezer layer of the refrigerator, such as frozen meat, pizza, etc.;
- Storage: It is a bag used to store ordinary food or objects. For example, put an apple in the bag to avoid getting dirty.
- Sandwich & Snack: This is a bag dedicated to sandwiches and snacks;
- Slider: This is a slightly smaller bag for storing things or food;
- Specialty: They are special performance bags that can be put into the microwave oven, and there is another kind that can be put into the machine for plastic packaging.
Ziploc Bag Size Charts
|Ziploc Freezer Bags||Dimensions (inch)||Dimensions(cm)||Pack Count|
|Pint (S)||7" x 5"||17.7cm x 12.7cm||20|
|Quart (M)||7" x 7-7/16"||17.7cm x 18.8cm||19, 38, 75|
|One Gallon (L)||10-9/16" x 10-3/4"||26.8cm x 27.3cm||14, 28, 60|
|Two Gallon (XL)||13" x 15-5/8"||33cm x 38.1cm||10|
|Ziploc Storage Bags||Dimensions (inch)||Dimensions (cm)||Pack Count|
|Quart (M)||7" x 7-7/16"||17.7cm x 18.8cm||40, 90, 150, 200|
|One Gallon (L)||10-9/16" x 10-3/4"||26.8cm x 27.3cm||19, 38, 60, 75|
|Two Gallons (XL)||13" x 15-5/8"||33cm x 38.1cm||12|
|Ziploc Sandwich & Snack Bags||Dimensions (inch)||Dimensions (cm)||Pack Count|
|Snack Bag||6-1/2" x 3-1/4"||16.5cm x 8.2cm||40, 90, 150, 200|
|Sandwich & Snack Lunch Pack||6-1/2" x 5-7/8", 6-1/2" x 3-1/4"||16.5cm x 10.5cm, 16.5cm x 8.2cm||130|
|Sandwich Bag||6-1/2" x 5-7/8"||16.5cm x 14.9cm||19, 38, 60, 75|
|Sandwich Bag (XL)||7" x 8"||17.7cm x 20.3cm||30|
|Ziploc Slider Bags||Dimensions (inch)||Dimensions (cm)||Pack Count|
|Slider storage quart bag (M)||7-7/8" x 5-7/8" x 1-7/8" (pleat)||20cm x 14.9cm x 4.7cm||20, 42, 75|
|Slider storage gallon bag (L)||7" x 7 7/16"||17.7cm x 18.8cm||15, 32, 68|
|Slider freezer quart bag (M)||7" x 7 7/16"||17.7cm x 18.8cm||15, 34, 50|
|Slider freezer gallon bag (L)||10-9/16" x 9-1/2" x 2-5/8" (pleat)||26.8cm x 24.1cm x 6.6cm||10, 24, 24, 40|
|Ziploc Specialty Bags||Dimensions (inch)||Dimensions (cm)||Pack Count|
|Marinade bags||10 9/16" x 6 1/16" x 3 1/2"||26.8cm x 15.4cm x 8.9cm||24|
|Zip'n stream cooking bag||7-1/4" x 8"||18.4cm x 20.3cm||10|
|Vacuum Sealer Quart Bag||8" x 11"||20.3cm x 28cm||14, 20|
|Vacuum Sealer Gallon Bag||11" x 14"||28cm x 35.6cm||10, 13|
|Vacuum Sealer Roll Refills||8" or 11"||20.3cm or 28cm|
Ziploc Freezer Bags
Freezer bags feature Grip n' Seal technology. Each plastic freezer bag blocks out air providing unbeatable protection from freezer burn.
- Pint (S): 7" x 5" (17.7cm x 12.7cm); Pack Count: 20.
- Quart (M): 7" x 7 7/16" (17.7cm x 18.8cm); Pack Count: 19, 38, 75.
- One Gallon (L): 10-9/16" x 10-3/4" (26.8cm x 27.3cm); Pack Count: 14, 28, 60.
- Two Gallon (XL): 13" x 15-5/8" (33cm x 38.1cm); Pack Count: 10.
Ziploc Storage Bags
The extended tab and easy-grip seal make it easier to open and close the bag, while the airtight zipper ensures that each plastic storage bag blocks out air providing unbeatable freshness. Protect your food with Ziploc storage bags. Each bag blocks air and locks in freshness, which means less wasted food and money.
- Quart (M): 7" x 7 7/16" (17.7cm x 18.8cm); Pack Count: 24, 48, 80, 80.
- One Gallon (L): 10-9/16" x 10-3/4" (26.8cm x 27.3cm); Pack Count: 19, 38, 60, 75.
- Two Gallons (XL): 13" x 15-5/8" (33cm x 38.1cm); Pack Count: 12.
Ziploc Sandwich & Snack Bags
These bags are perfect for on-the-go moments and keeping snacks accessible and fresh. Whether you're going to work or school or having a picnic in the park, Ziploc Sandwich Bags are perfect for keeping your sandwiches and snacks as fresh as when you packed them.
- Snack Bag: 6-1/2" x 3-1/4" (16.5cm x 8.2cm); Pack Count: 40, 90, 150, 200.
- Sandwich & Snack Lunch Pack: 6-1/2" x 5-7/8", 6-1/2" x 3-1/4"; Pack Count: 130.
- Sandwich Bag: 6-1/2" x 5-7/8" (16.5cm x 14.9cm); Pack Count: 14, 280, 40, 72, 90, 150, 200, 300.
- Sandwich Bag (XL): 7" x 8" (17.7cm x 20.3cm); Pack Count: 30.
Ziploc Slider Bags
Ziploc slider bags are designed with Power Shield technology that provides unbeatable protection for your food. They outperform competitors in strength and reliability with an expandable bottom and more durable film.
- Slider storage bag (M): 7-7/8" x 5-7/8" x 1-7/8" (pleat) (20cm x 14.9cm x 4.7cm); Pack Count: 20, 42, 75.
- Slider storage bag (L): 7" x 7 7/16" (17.7cm x 18.8cm); Pack Count: 15, 32, 68.
- Slider freezer bag (M): 7" x 7 7/16" (17.7cm x 18.8cm); Pack Count: 15, 34, 50.
- Slider freezer bag (L): 10-9/16" x 9-1/2" x 2-5/8" (pleat) (26.8cm x 24.1cm x 6.6cm); Pack Count: 10, 24, 24, 40.
Ziploc Specialty Bags
- Marinade bags: 10 9/16" x 6 1/16" x 3 1/2" (26.8cm x 15.4cm x 8.9cm); Pack Count: 24. Marinade bags are specially designed for easy filling and storing of meats and marinades.
- Zip'n stream cooking bag: 7-1/4" x 8" (18.4cm x 20.3cm); Pack Count: 10. For healthy meals in minutes, Zip'n stream cooking bags have patented vents that allow food to be steamed under pressure to cook thoroughly and evenly for quick, healthy, delicious meals with no mess.
- Vacuum Sealer Quart Bag: 8" x 11"; Pack Count: 14, 20. All Vacuum Sealer bags are BPA-free, safe for microwave heating or in-bag simmering, and are made in the USA.
- Vacuum Sealer Gallon Bag: 11" x 14"; Pack Count: 10, 13.
- Vacuum Sealer Roll Refills: They are specially designed multi-layer storage rolls which can be cut into custom sizes to protect food from its natural enemies—air and moisture. It’s these elements that expose your fresh food to mold, bacteria, and freezer burn. Dimensions: 8" or 11". Pack Count: 1 (8" x 9ft), 1, 2, 3 (8" x 20ft); (11" x 7ft), 1, 2 (11" x 16ft), 1 rollo perforado 11" x 16' Roll.
It is important to note that not all Ziploc bags are sturdy enough to use in a freezer. Those designated as "freezer bags" are thicker than regular zip-top bags. As you know, Ziploc bags come in various sizes and types. With everything from 2 gallons, gallon, quart, and half a gallon and pint capacity bags, you are bound to find a convenient size for your freezer or storage needs.